While we were in St George during the fall of 2011, we combined apples from the Romney Place trees, some hard work, and loads of fun, to make some rich and plentiful applesauce...
Grandma Kaye and Jessica watched the little ones while we started our project of making the King's applesauce.
The Victorio strainer forces the applesauce through a screen, while the peels and seeds go through...

Gabriel and Elani are making sure that the thick sauce doesn't get clogged up...
...and making sure Gabriel gets a little sauce on his backside... ooops!


When everyone does one part of the work, the project turns out pretty well. We all liked the sauce so much, none of it ended up in the canning jars--we just gobbled it all up during the rest of the day...
Well, the applesauce was fit for the King(s) and even though it didn't last more than the day, our memories of the day will last for a long, long time.
1 comment:
Brother Romney!
I was blog hopping and recognized you in the header photo!
I doubt you remember me since I didn't continue with the floral major, however I've wanted to say thank you to you for years! At the beginning of a semester I changed my major to Floral Design Management and you overrode the system, pulled strings, whatever was needed to get me into the necessary classes (which I believe were full) that semester.
Thanks for going to that effort for someone you didn't know.
Post a Comment