
Hi family! I have been a bit behind getting things posted on here, but I've enjoyed the pictures from everyone! (i.e. Lou & Chels . . . :))We spent the afternoon of the 24th of July at our stake's celebration. It was only 105, though--better than 110, right?
The stake had worked very hard for this, and we had a good turnout. They had an entire pioneer city set up, with games, activities, prizes, or treats in every "building," and thank heaven, shade inside each one! And they had water bottles for everyone, with stations set up all over the place to refill the water. Otherwise I don't think I would have survived. As it was, Eleni we very hot and cranky, and Jacob just walked behind me in a daze. Luckily Lydia had a blast, running to every booth with her friends and winning several times at the ring toss. :)
In the above picture, she was asked to help hold our ward's banner with her two little friends from up the street, Hector & Olga. Olga is getting baptized this weekend--a very sweet family.
.JPG)
Lydia told Jacob to wear a hat to keep the sun off, and of course Ellers wanted one too. But I'm afraid none of the hats fit her--not even the one Jacob had. So she's wearing this on sitting on top of her head, Grandpa King style.

This was at the "blacksmith shop." Jacob couldn't handle the pile of loose horseshoes on the ground behind the horse, so for 20 minutes he took them one by one and put them into the leg of the horse.
.JPG)
I included the next 3 pictures because I thought it was a strang bit of irony. I signed up to bring 3 dozen cookies for the celebration (they were feeding dinner to everyone and had everything else catered). I was under the impression that our ward would be providing all the cookies. So Jacob and I baked some chocolate chip bar cookies (I would not say so of myself, but my
friends tell me they are rather good. Sooo much easier than normal cookies! Let me know if you want the recipe) and frantically rushed them to the stake center. Then later when we were finding a bathroom for Jacob, we came upon this sight.
.JPG)

Poor Pres. Snyder was standing there looking like he didn't know what to do. Apparently about 15 people from each ward had been asked to bring 3 dozen cookies. So I figured it out, and that equals more than 3000 cookies. They were begging people to take them! And all that stress on my part to get them there on time . . .
2 comments:
That is so amazing!!! Your kids are so sweet, and I congrat you on braving the heat!
That cracks me up! I would love the recipe Jess- wish we had been there to "help" them out! :)
Post a Comment